Like many crafters I enjoy looking about the internet for ideas, and a have a list of favourite scrapbookers; one I subscribe to is Stamping Rooster (aka Gretchen) on Youtube. She is a scrapbooker who lives in New York, I first started to watch her videos as her cats accompany her as she crafts, but I do really like her style (it's very different to mine) and she does produce sketches of her layouts too.
This page is the first one I have made using inspiration from one of her sketches, the pictures were taken at Hannah's housewarming party last summer just as a thunderstorm struck. The title is because her boyfriend rescued Han with a brolly, as she was stuck at the bottom of the garden standing next to the barbecue in the pouring rain.
The papers are a mix, lots of Shimelle, Pink Paislee grid background, and MME chipboard.
I cut the title from chipboard covered with the Shimelle stripe to make a multi coloured title, small letters were punched from one of the papers.
Here is the video if you want to see the one on Youtube that inspired me.



This is fabulous! I love how you mixed the colors in your title, and made room for so much journaling.
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful page, and such a lovely story too. I really like the colours you have used on this layout.
ReplyDelete