Sunday 6 June 2010

How fast do holiday weeks go?

Very... we seem to spend our time counting the days until they arrive, and then they are over in the blink of an eye.




We managed a trip out to Tamworth on a very hot Friday, I used to go there lots as a child when the weather was good as there was a Lido in the central park, alas (like many of these it seems) it was closed around 20 years ago, but the buildings around the pool (which is now filled in and tarmacked over) are still there.


I have made only 2 pages during the whole week, very poor, I know, but as my OH stated at the beginning of the holiday that I had become 'obsessed with scrapbooking' I thought I would prove him wrong! I did take lots of photos.. ready for new pages though!!!


Here's a LO I made a while back, using the lovely Cosmo Cricket papers (I know, but I just can't leave them alone!!) and a very old photo of Mum at school taken back in the late 1940s. I printed the photo in full onto photo canvas to hide the poorish quality, and then zoomed in on Mum to print the second shot. I still find it amazing to see the similarities between my youngest nephew, DD2 and Mum at that age. The papers came as part of a kit from my local craft shop (Stampeezee) with a section of green twine. I wasn't too sure what to do with it as it was too wide to fit through the eye of my needle, so I just stitched over the top of the thread around the bottom of the frame on the LO.


Title is all stamped and cut out. Apologies for the small number of close ups shots, Blogger is messing about tonight, so I might try and edit this to add more tomorrow.


Have a good week all.

Edited to add detail shots.

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Wonderful LO Ann.
Well done on proving OH wrong (but great you took photos!lol). My friend Pat and I are similarly accused by our OH's! At least it keeps us out of trouble.
Good luck for the remaining weeks of term.
Sue xx

tea_bag said...

Wow amazing LO I do love your style almaxx

Sandra said...

Fabulous layout - I love your style with this old photograph. And yes, have to agree the Cosmo papers are too good to leave alone.

Kim said...

Lovely layout as usual Ann,

Only 34 more working days until the next schol holidays, not that I am counting at all

Kim