Thursday 2 December 2010

JYC My manifesto

The prompt for 1st December is all about what you want to get out of the Christmas journal. I thought as i read it 'I'll just be happy to get it done this year as I'm working so hard' and that formed the theme to my page.

I used a Stampin' Up clock stamp and Tim Holtz clock hands, punched a border with my Martha Stewart loop punch, added the date (used a pen top to 'stamp' a circle around the right date) a pre stamped journalling block (Unity) ribbon and some glitter glue. Lots of the features will reappear throughout the journal, I'm using the same date, and have picked a couple of journalling blocks. As you can see the colour palette is fairly traditional too.
Had a lovely day at school today, watching the infants play dress rehearsal (brings a tear to the eye remembering when my own were small), singing advent hymns and helping the children re-write 'Twas the night before Christmas' as a story. :)

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love how you've done this....and a perfect sentiment!!

Sandra said...

Oh yes, I like very much.

Kate Bucci said...

Lovely page, I like the 6x12 format. Great sentiment too!

SusieJ said...

Lovely Ann and I like the sound of your day too.
Hugs,
Sue xx
p.s. I'm not following a particular journal - some of us from DC (on Facebook) are supporting each other but doing our own thing.

DGgirl said...

Gorgeous Ann!!!

Gx