Saturday 4 December 2010

My fave card

Day 3 of JYC is about Christmas cards. I decided to pick my favourite out of the ones I made this year. I managed to get some puffy white paint by Woodware at the NEC earlier this year, when you heat it the paint puffs up, perfect for the fur on Santa's suit, snowy scenes or snowballs. I stamped the suit with a very old Hero Arts set I bought years ago, coloured it with Promarkers and added the paint to the white parts. Before heating I added irridescent glitter, and I then mounted the suit onto a 'washing line' made from bakers twine. The background scene is also stamped.

I used some old metallic photocorners to keep the card closed, and the Joy stamp is a recent purchase from Unity (naughty!!)

Managed to get nearly all my Christmas shopping done, and have wrapped most of it too with Katie's help. Just need to tidy up the hideous mess we've made now :)

3 comments:

furrypig said...

I love that card it's gorgeous! Is the background stamp of Santa Claus flying over London? Really cute.

tea_bag said...

Also love that card looks fab hugs alma x

Ann said...

Beautiful card. Anyone would love to receive a detailed card like that. You've put in a lot of thought and care. Well done.