Tuesday 31 January 2012

Musical Blog...


One of my favourite musicals is Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

I first recall hearing it played using a scratched 33rpm record in a music lesson at my secondary school back in the 1970s (showing my age now!) We loved it, and used to sing along to the songs in class.

I'd sort of forgotten about it until the 1990s. One of my daughters came back from a camping holiday with the Brownies. Brown Owl had taken the group to see Joseph, and Hannah loved it too, so I bought her a copy of the music and it was regularly sung about the house. It was shown a few years back at my local theatre, so I took the girls along (twice!) and it was even better live.


At school last Friday our Year 4 teacher retold the story of Joseph with her class as an assembly for the school, and they sang lots of the songs from the show, bringing back happy memories. I was delighted when another member of staff told me that Joseph was being re-staged at The Belgrade, and so booked tickets for the spring.

There are some shows worth experiencing far more than once!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I'm a big Joseph fan...seen it here and there over the last *cough* 30 years! Delighted to say the tits one of Miss Dunnits faves too, so we keep the cd in the car,even to this day!