Sunday 29 April 2012

How the Other Half Live

Recently i went down to London to see the quilts my crop made for the Olympics as part of the cultural Olympiad.  My sister and I had been to a funeral in the capital a day earlier, so we stayed overnight with our brother.  As I  had a bit of time before the craft show displaying the quilts started we went to Knightsbridge to take a look in Harrods. I hadn't been since I was a child, so it was interesting to take a look in one of the worlds most famous shops again.
The Papermania Portobello Road papers seemed ideal for the page and I added my title cut with funky foam.  I keep seeing a type of Thickers similar to this with added stitching, so i got my Sharpie pen out to draw mine on!
Keen eyed crafters will have noticed i tried out putting hexagons on the page, I made these using a template in Word, not sure what i think about them, I think the recent chevron 'craze' is more my thing! The journalling says it was more looking than shopping!
 A bit of crafty news for you later in the week :)

3 comments:

SueB said...

Another great layout, I love those papers to! Looking forward to hearing your crafty news :)
suzie xxx :)

TAM said...

Fabulous layout
Congratulations on your debut in the DoCraft mag this month.

Emily D. said...

Love love love the page! The hexagons are super cute!! I think I'm going to take a page out of your book and make a template as well!