Saturday 9 June 2012

Properly Middle Aged

Now we are both in our late 40s we do feel quite old.  Kev hit 49 yesterday, and with the kids almost all grown up now I think I can safely say we are properly middle aged!
I think a few years back it wouldn't have felt so bad, but now it looks like we will have to work to 68 instead of 60 I'm not looking forward to the next few years.  Teaching tires me out already, and after spending 5 hours working today already, I can't imagine sticking with the job post 60.
Here's Kevs birthday card.  I used free Sizzix papers from Crafts Beautiful magazine, they fit the theme perfectly as he loves to collect stamps!

1 comment:

Annie said...

That's a very patriotic card Ann and the stamps look is fabulous.

I know what you mean about working more years than originally thought. I don't work as I can barely walk. I'm not on benefits as my husband earns enough for us both, but I don't get my state pension until I'm 63, which is not as bad as 68.

Love and hugs

annie xxx