Friday 6 July 2012

Then and Now

 The weekly challenge a few weeks ago on UKS was to make a page with the theme of' then and now'.
 I really had to scratch my head to think of which photos I could use for the page, but then remembered these that I had of Tyneham village in Dorset.  


The top picture is of the manor house taken in around the 1920s. Underneath is a photo of my kids in the ruins of one of the cottages, as the village is today, following requisition by the army during WW2.


The frame for the title is made using the border of a heart doily, I also used one to make the frill at the top, and cut out bits of it to add as embellishments. 


 And never mind 'Love this Place',  love these papers; more of the Grace Taylor Vintage pack, punched, cut and layered to form all the embellishments.

1 comment:

Dannii said...

Great page. I love the fact you used the outside of a doily. The bundle of items {buttons, keys, tea pot, cup} look great together. You did a fantastic job! x