As we travel through February, and hopefully most of the winter is behind us I find myself looking forward to the spring.
For my 10 on the tenth I thought I would share why spring is my favourite of all the seasons.
1. The days are getting noticeably longer, I hate leaving for work and returning home in the dark.
2. I love spring flowers, they seem a little less showy than those summer blooms, and as they are long awaited all the more lovely.
3. Following from 2, it's bluebell season, so pretty, beautiful scent, can't wait!
5. Lime green, wall to wall in the late spring.
6. The sun starts to feel warm at last, giving hints of good weather (we hope) to come!
7. I can leave my coat off some days, and just wear my cardi!
8. So much easier to take photos when the light is good and I can get out and about.
9. Wisteria.... I know I said I liked the less showy flowers, but I love this one. We used to have a glorious plant growing up the front of the house, but had to take it down after a few dry springs caused the clay soil the house is built upon to shrink, and cracks appeared inside. Sadly, the insurers blamed my beautiful wisteria, and it had to go... I still miss the late April scent on leaving the house.(and no, this isn't my house!)
10. And it's my birthday!!!!
What's your favourite season?
If you want to see more 10 on the tenth posts visit Shimelles blog.