Saturday 10 August 2013

A Big Birthday

At the beginning of the summer Mr C and my brother in law hit a big milestone within a week of each other. It was before the really hot weather, but still we decided to risk an outdoor surprise party in our back garden, with just a few friends and family there. The girls made an astonishing pirate cake, covered in sweets, with added sails, bunting and chocolate butter icing.

Of course, the occasion generated lots of photos, so I used Photoshop to put my 9 favourites into a grid before printing... makes for a quick layout.

A challenge on UKScrappers helped me to finish the page, using Craft Storyteller papers, a quotation from a Robert Frost poem, and my Tim Holtz alphabet masks that I hadn't used in ages.

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Love the details...the grid of photos is fun isn't it - had to enlarge to look at the cake, sorry to be so nosey. It is awesome. Was awesome, more likely!