Wednesday 25 September 2013

A Little Miracle.

Back in April we had a text message from an old friend, she was expecting a surprise baby (her 5th!) but the baby had decided to come into the world early, over 3 months early in fact.
Little Grace was born at 27 weeks, and we all held our breath as she gradually grew stronger.  Finally in July, 1 week before her due date, at the impressive weight of just over 5lbs Grace and my friend came home!

Luckily for me her Daddy had been taking daily photos, and I managed to get access to them through Graces oldest sister, a good friend of Hannah's.  This meant I could put together a mini book for my friend, the journalling is simply made up of the texts she sent us all to update us about Grace's progress... I thought this was the ideal way to record them.



The book is made from a plain kraft book I picked up in Muji, the covers are covered with DoCrafts Tilly Daydream patchwork fabric papers, and I added ribbons to the spine.  To embellish it I used a heart doily, a couple of quilled flowers, and a crochet circle I'd been saving for something special.

I stuck to using a Tilly Daydream kit throughout, and black and white photos for a cleaner look.  Now I just have to part with it!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely gift to make for your friend ... she will delight in remembering the first few months of Grace's life when time has taken the edge of the worry she felt. And it is wonderful that Grace is doing so well. Elizabeth xx