Sunday 23 March 2014

A Day Out

Of to the NEC today, for the Hobbycraft and Sewing for Pleasure show at the NEC.  Hope it goes better than last year, when I collapsed less than an hour in and ended up in hospital.

As my 50th birthday approaches I have decided to take up sewing again.  I used to make most of my own clothes as a student, and as the girls now have their own sewing machines, Katie and I have been getting out the patterns and having a Sewing Bee of our very own!

 I've been bought a new sewing machine (mine was over 30 years old) and apart from having a play to make sure I liked it, I am leaving it until my birthday to have a proper go on it.

 So, I am particularly looking forward to looking at the sewing part of the exhibition today, and ribbons and buttons can also go on a scrapbook page too!

No comments: