Friday 7 March 2014

Project Life

For non-scrapbookers out there, Project Life (PL) is a simple way of recording the little things that happen in a really maneagable way.  The system consists of a series of plastic wallets divided into pockets mainly 6x4" (the ideal size for most photos) and 3x2" in size.  You can buy kits of decorated ready made cards to slip into the pockets along with your pictures.  Also available within the kits are journalling cards, they are so simple to use that scrapbookers find it easier to keep up with their pages; the pressure is off!

I had a go at PL last year, many scrappers make a page a week, but i simple wanted to use it to make use of the photos I didn't get around to scrapping, it also allowed me to scrapbook chronologically, which I don't really do. I only make one page a month, and am continuing with PL this year too.

Here's my cover page for this year, I used a mix of Teresa Collins papers and the PL Blush kit, along with stamps  and negative space created using a Sizzix die.

You don't have to buy the kits to take part in PL, many crafters make their own, and there are lots of free digi printables out there if that's your thing.  I tend to add extra embelishments and detail to the cards, using plenty of stamps, die-cuts and washi tape. Flat embellishments tend to work best otherwise a PL album can become huge!


No comments: