Sunday 6 July 2014

How do you Scrapbook?

The challenge on UKScrappers this week was an interesting one; to show the stages of your scrapbooking as you go along.

I had prom photos of Katie to scrapbook from last week, so I picked a couple of Teresa Collins collections (Family Stories and Memorabilia) for the three photos I had... mainly as the pink/coral went so well with the colour of her dress.


I have used lots of these papers, so had a few scraps of pieces cut from 12x12 pages I had completed before; these made the main background of the layout and after shuffling them about a bit (my usual scrapping method!) the basic layout looked like this.

I then inked the papers, but wanted a cleaner look so didn't distress today.  As I was going for a subtle effect I chose grey ink, which makes the changes here on the 'better' page barely visible.


Usually I add a title to my pages, but with the addition of the chalkboard 3x2" cutout I felt this was not needed.

Other embellishments included sequins,


stickers, cut outs from 12" and 6" papers.


I also made use of a Kaisercraft 3x2 card from the Storyteller collection which had chevrons as part of he design.  After cutting out and inking they made another embellishment for the layout along with enamel dots, a chipboard sticker and a brad.


And this was the final layout, another page for Katie's scrapbooks.

So, how do you scrapbook?  Are you a shuffler, a ' stick-and-hang-the-consequences girl', a procrastinator or a slavish follower of sketches?


1 comment:

Jimjams said...

I'm a shuffler and trier-outer and will often photograph an arrangement before rearranging everything to see if there's an alternative. This challenge was right up my street - the only problem was taking just 2 "before" pics ... I could have taken 20!

Love the corally colours - and your DD is stylish as ever!