Monday 12 October 2015

Youtube inspiration

Like many crafters I enjoy looking about the internet for ideas, and a have a list of favourite scrapbookers; one I subscribe to is Stamping Rooster (aka Gretchen) on Youtube. She is a scrapbooker who lives in New York, I first started to watch her videos as her cats accompany her as she crafts, but I do really like her style  (it's very different to mine) and she does produce sketches of her layouts too.

This page is the first one I  have made using inspiration from one of her sketches, the pictures were  taken at Hannah's  housewarming party last summer just as a thunderstorm struck. The title is because her boyfriend rescued Han with a brolly, as she was stuck at the bottom of the garden standing next to the barbecue in the pouring rain.


The papers are a mix, lots of Shimelle, Pink Paislee grid background, and MME chipboard.


 I cut the title from chipboard covered with the Shimelle stripe to make a multi coloured title, small letters were punched from one of the papers.

Here is the video if you want to see the one on Youtube that inspired me.

2 comments:

Gretchen a/k/a StampingRooster said...

This is fabulous! I love how you mixed the colors in your title, and made room for so much journaling.

Louise H said...

It's a beautiful page, and such a lovely story too. I really like the colours you have used on this layout.