Wednesday 15 March 2017

Liverpool Cathedral Page 1

Kevin took me away at half term to help me on the road to recovery from an illness, it was nice to get away for a couple of nights as I had not visited Liverpool before.


On the second day, we visited both cathedrals, finishing with the modern catholic building.  The organist was practising as we went in, but as the weather was poor there were few people who had bothered to go out, so it was quiet inside.


I loved the modern style of the church, the altar in the centre must make it a wonderful place to attend Mass.  The windows were geometric in style, a little like those in my own church.  After being unwell, I hadn't scrapbooked for a while so a sketch from Michelle really kick-started me into getting the layout done.

Do visit Michelle's blog, she regularly posts sketches most weeks.I used a really old set of stash with geometric patterns on it from MME Jubilee.


I made a double layout from the photos taken on my visit; using the patterned papers on both papers so the pages would co-ordinate. This is the first of those pages.   I also used the same set of chipboard 'Thickers'... I picked these up at B&M Homes for £1.49 a pack.  They had letters in 3 different styles from about 3 years ago. Needless to say, I picked up a good few packs!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Great page and glad to see you are on the mend! It sounds like a lovely trip :-)

Scrapthology said...

So glad you're doing better and chuffed you used one of my sketches to get back on the scrappy wagon. Lovely layout and the pattern mix works beautifully.