Thursday 20 April 2017

Cutting the Cake

A friend of mine married just after the New year this year; it was a lovely way to start the miserable month of January.

Equally beautiful in winter and summer

The wedding was a fabulous affair, the whole event took over a Leicestershire Hotel, the restored Victorian Kilworth House, As Kevin and I are in our fifties, it is many years since we have been to a wedding, especially of someone the same age as us. It was wonderful to see that glow of happiness surrounding not only the bride and groom, but everyone at the wedding.  It was truly a beautiful wedding.


I inevitably took lots of photos, and these were taken in the orangery where the ceremony, meal, speeches and dancing all took place.


I used some very old stash to make this layout, mostly by Anna Griffin which seemed to be ideal for a wedding layout. I recently ordered some rose gold cardstock from the Tonic  Craft Perfect selection.  I love this way of buying card, you can pick from a wide range of colours in the size (A4 or 12x12) and finish you want.


I think I will be buying some 12x12 backing card too.  I cut the title using X cut script dies, and the gold roses were cut using a free Tonic die I was sent by Hochanda.


I am looking forward to making more wedding pages from the rest of my photos of this beautiful venue.

1 comment:

Chidkid said...

What a lovely layout