Monday 3 April 2017

Katie Skilton's Dies

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a set of die newly designed by British designer for Sizzix, Katie Skilton.  They are her first set of dies, and I loved the clean simplicity of the designs.  I used thre of the five set I picked up on this one vintage layout about Kevin's family back in the 1970's.


He was brought up in Scarborough, and as this original photo is not of great quality, I couldn't make it any bigger.  Because of this, I chose a grid design making use of the dies to build mini scenes, spaces for my title, journalling and lots of embellishments!


The title is made using tile letters, the word 'love' is from the tribal words, and the word Beach is cut from corrugated card using the new Tim Holtz alphabet 'Deco'.


I cut the Nautical set of dies from these papers making a couple of small scenes with the whales, weeds, waves and starfish.


I used MME papers and PL style cards from the Happy Camper range, cut into squares and mounted onto contrasting cards.  The journalling is added next to the small photo, with the die cut 'laugh' at the top of the square.  I do love these dies, and can see me making a lots of use of them.

3 comments:

Ladkyis said...

I have to say that the title gave me a sharp intake of breath. Katy Skelton is dead??? what? where? how ........ oh not dead, dies as in cutting dies. Huge sigh of relief and then a faint flush of embarrassment

CoventryAnn said...

Oh dear...edited the title of my blog post. ๐Ÿ˜ถ

Chidkid said...

Lol... To the die title.
What an amazing layout..so full of tiny details. Wonderful.