Thursday 18 May 2017

What Were You Thinking?

Not all scrapbook layouts should be about days out, birthdays and 'best days ever'.  I have always been interested in politics, so when Trump won the election for the Presidency of the USA back in November, I was horrified.  I am not American, but I could see that this result would have a global impact, so I wanted to record my feelings on the event.


I used Anna Griffin papers, these are designed for 4th of July projects, a bit ironic really when I didn't write journalling in any way supportive of Trump.


I found the photos online, the one of Obama is an iconic image designed by the artist Shepard Fairley
which came to represent his 2008 campaign.  The Trump version appeared recently; I don't think he would be too happy about the image it portrays. :D


The arrows and title letters are die cut, title from glitter foam, arrows from cardstock with added Nuvo glitter drops in red.



I also added pinked circles, die cut and layered as embellishments. And my only hope for the USA? That Trump lives up to expectations about his behaviour and is impeached before the end of his term.

No comments: