Thursday 3 August 2017

Below Stairs

Whenever we visit old houses, one of my favourite places to visit is the servants quarters. We went below stairs in Powis Castle to find a Victorian kitchen, along with clothes to dress up as servants. We were delighted to find that (for a change) they were not only for children,  but fit adults too!


The  Caldwells have never been known to pass up an occasion for fancy dress, so Kev and both his parents donned 19th century garb as I took a few photos!


The page was made using vintage looking papers by Crate,  more old stash that I'm trying to chop my way through.


It would work too, if I didn't keep seeing (and more to the point buying) new stash 😁 The embellishments are cut from an old fifties style kitchen range of papers. A few splatters of Smooch gold spray and the page was done.

No comments: