Tuesday 18 September 2018

Back to Backs

In the centre of Birmingham is a yard surrounded by a series of Back to Back houses, one of the few left in the country.  There are not many working class homes left in Britain, so the National Trust have done a great job preserving the way of life of my ancestors.


We visited the yard during Open Heritage weekend back in 2104, the girls dressed up (as usual) and tried the games, washing dolly and sweets on offer.


I used Stamps by Me alphabet for the title, stamped direct to the page with a small amount of journalling underneath. The word Birmingham is cut from a Tim Holtz print block paper.


Many of the embellishments are also from the Tim Holtz range, the photos and die cut and coloured tickets, they all seemed to go so well with the theme of the layout. Old stash always comes in handy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, I remember the Back-to-backs well. Some of my school friends lived in them in Sheffield & also my husbands Nan when I first met him - all gone for clearance now....Mgt.