Sunday 10 August 2008

Week 2 Aperture and Depth

Was very fortunate to have great weather during the first week of our family holiday, so lots of beach shots here.



First shot is of DD2 walking to our fave spot on the beach in Weymouth.




Used a deep dof so that lots is in focus, and I got down low on the beach so that she was in the foreground.


Manual setting, f22, 1/80, ISO 200, WB set to sunny.








Next shot is also of DD2 in the morning, this time a glorious day, not a cloud in the sky.




I again used a deep dof as I wanted to get lots in focus, the boardwalk added depth to the shot. I like this one as it might have been taken abroad, the sea looks a great colour, and seemed to sparkle!


Manual setting, f18, 1/100, ISO 100, WB set to sunny.




Finally a different approach. This time I chose a shallow dof for this shot of my nephew. He found a (live!) crab in the shallows and insisted on bringing it up to show us all. When he put it into my Dads hand the crab started to run, my Dad was so shocked he jumped out of his chair (no mean feat for a 69 year old with arthritis!) I think this pic definately needs scrapping!!
The crab was returned to the sea after a short time in a bucket of seawater being watched by all the kids and fed seaweed!


Manual setting, f5.6, 1/1600, ISO 200, WB set to sunny.

6 comments:

Jazzy said...

I love the shot of your DD walking along the beach and also the one of the crab, great DOF.

Zena said...

Great shots - you had some lovely weather. Love the picture of your nephew and the crab great DOF.

Nicola said...

Love the boardwalk shot and the crab, definately one to scrap!

Heather said...

Fab photo of your nephew and crab, fantastic dof.

Jan said...

Great crab shot!

CJ said...

no mean feet handholding @ f22 1/80 & producing such a sharp image

last shot is the killer