Thursday 24 September 2009

Learning lessons


Last weeks SLYMI challenge on UKS was to scrapbook a lesson learned. It took me ages to come up with an idea for a LO until i found photos of Kev and the girls on holiday this year making grass whistles at Worbarrow Bay in Dorset.



I made the page using DCWV Green stack, the photo mats are hand drawn scallops, and i used a piece of die cut cardstock to cut out the large brown flower mat behing the photos. Title is stamped with Autumn Leaves and Doodlebug stamps. The sunshine journalling mat is a Unity stamp. I love the little owls that are part of this stack, and they seemed the ideal addition to a page about learning.

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Another fab LO Ann! Didn't make grass whistles as a girl but I do remember daisy chains!
Sue xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely LO, love the phot mats and the titleing. I could never make them whistle, merely make a short but rude noise!

cannycrafter said...

Great job! I remeber trying to do this but was never successful! Love the title! How true!

teresa k. said...

Whistling grass - what a delightful memory and a beautiful page. Your bio could be me, I'm a 40-something science teacher, mother, and scrapbooker too. I love your blog, thanks for sharing your lovely artwork