Wednesday 23 September 2009

Spring Flowers

I know it's Autumn, so this seems like an odd title for a post, but this was the title for this page i made for the Nuneaton crop last weekend. The challenge was to make a page including flowers, and extra points for glitter.

I got to use some of my favourite spring photos taken over the past couple of years on a page, and you may recognise the photo at the bottom of the page....





I used a piece of die cut pearl cardstock, inked and doodled, Core'dinations whitewash cardstock, and a piece of purple 12x12 vellum I've had for ages. The title letters are Doodlebug flocked, and stamped with added Glossy Accents.


The new technique i tried on the page is for the frame on the alliums picture, and the large swirl. I had bought some white Stazon ink ages ago, and been really unimpressed with it. I decided to have a go with it again, using acetate this time. I reinked the pad just before stamping (I think this is the trick to using this ink) and used some Prima stamps onto acetate. I was really delighted with how they turned out after cutting out the stamped images. Sharpie pens added a bit of colour to the photo corners, and i added some irridescent glitter to the swirl at the top. The nice thing about stamping onto acetate is that you can still see the photos underneath it. I stuck it on using tiny dots of glossy accents under the stamped parts, so you really can't see these at all.


I fancy having a go at making some ghost style letters next using one of my alphabets.......

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Gorgeous LO and photos Ann - I'd be re-using the alium print everywhere, it's so fab. I'm with you on the White Stazon..I add ink each time I use it..otherwise it is just pants. Love your use of it on this LO.

SusieJ said...

Great photos Ann and love the LO! Great use of the Prima stamps too.
Thanks for the tip re white Stazon (I bought some after a class using acetate and like so much else haven't used it since!lol).
You have a thank you on my blog - I bought some Unity stamps (as you've raved about them) and they helped me achieve 89% on Module 1 of my design course!
Sue xx