Monday 21 September 2009

Photo swap

Michelle, who runs a crop in Nuneaton that I have been going to recently, had a fabulous idea for a challenge. We all had to take in a photo/photos in an envelope with a little bit of info about the picture, and what we would like (12x12 etc).



Two months later the layouts were brought in and the photo (duly scrapped) returned to it's owner. It was a fantastic double whammy really, as it was so good to see how well the pages we made went down with the owners of the photos, and wonderful to see what another scrapper could do with my photo (along with having a lovely new page to add to my own albums ).


I sent in quite a tricky photo of DD2 at a couple of days old, she was wearing red, but i still wanted the page to be feminine. I am absolutely delighted with the LO i was given (Michelle completed my page), her style is much cleaner than my own, (I seem to ink and grunge a fair bit) but there was still loads to look at, and she has managed to include red and pink with her choice of papers.



I added the title (Sizzix Rat a Tat and Doodlebug rub ons) and the journalling.

If anyone out there runs or attends a crop it is a great idea for a challenge, a bit scarey, but well worth the stress :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea.
I can see this being the next 'in' thing over on the Docrafts forum once the Fat Books have run their course....Mgt.

SusieJ said...

I agree - it's a great idea. Love this LO - it's feminine but not the usual baby colours - what a fab addition to your album.
Sue xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I agree, it is worth the stress, we did it a while ago at the crop I go to - I will rustle out the page that the Willowy Blonde did for me. I scared her by producing a picture of a baby too! YOur new LO is just lovely, complements the photo beautifully.

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful LO, I love the colours. A great idea if a little scary!
Sue x