Monday 14 December 2009

Christmas music

Anyone who knows me will be aware that i enjoy singing, and have been a member of my local choir for over 20 years now (scarey!!). I chose the Coventry Carol as my Christmas music for todays journal, as we are singing it on Christmas day for the first time in years, and are currently pacticing it. It was one of the first carols i learned in 4 parts on joining a choir, and i still love it today.

The backing paper is just the sheet music we use printed onto some K&Co vintage style paper, torn and inked. I used a Sizzix bookplate die to cut out the frame for the title from covered chipboard, and filled it with glossy accents... I discovered this morning that i probably used too much as it has cracked, but i think the crackled surface adds to the vintage effect, got to go, am helping Mum get the greenery into church.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oooh this is fab Ann..such great details as always, love the stitching around the journalling tag...and I agree about the crackle..looks fab. Oh - and about the carol..when sung by a choir..not by me of course!

SusieJ said...

Another lovely page Ann and the crackle is perfect. Wish I could sing - but I really can't - it frightens the dog when I do try!lol
Sue xx