Sunday 28 February 2010

Vintage revival..

I've been reading in scrapbooking magazines that vintage will be in again this year, which is odd as i have been making vintage pages for the past 3 or 4 months... but only because i managed to get hold of some lovely papers (Graphic 45) and older photos a while back. I have also been trying printing older pics onto canvas photo paper ( i picked a pack of A4 up in Aldis at a bargain price about a month ago) and the canvas does hide the fact that many vintage photos are not the top quality we are used to today. I made this LO for this weeks challenge on UKS, which was to use bold papers (WRMK Nonsense range to the rescue!), ribbon, stitching (done by hand and a bit of a labour of love!) and to follow a sketch. I thought this photo of my OH with his brothers back in the 80s suited the challenge, things were bright and bold back then! I can't believe how young they all look.




I cut out the title using one of the first Sizzix alphabets i bought, Shadowbox. As they are thick dies they will cut through chipboard and grungeboard. I had painted and inked this first, and despite the alpha being old i still like it, especially for a mans LO. The journalling block is by Unity, I used paint dabbers to obscure the patterned paper inside it, so the writing was easier to read, I like this idea and will probably use it again.



I'm going into my new place of work tomorrow, looking forward to meeting the children i will be teaching after Easter. Have a good week all, as i'm not so busy workwise this week, you never know, i might be able to post mid week :)

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

You're just ahead of your time Ann! Bit scared that we're calling our 80's photos 'vintage' but onyour hands, they look fab, love the lively actionof this LO..I agree too about the alpha..it's a great one.