Sunday 2 May 2010

As promised...

... a crafty post today.



Yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day in the US, so after a challenge set by Cannycrafter Caroline on the Do crafts site I scraplifted a page by Rachel Elliott to make this page.



The photo is a very old one of my OH, taken the year before we were married. Dad used to umpire cricket matches for the Midland Red bus garage he used to drive for, and on this day they were short of players, so Kev stepped in. Not an experienced cricketer he only faced 2 balls, but I was glad to find this old photo I had taken at the time. Funny to think we took far fewer pictures back then, but I still managed to capture this image using a 35mm SLR camera.


The papers are from a stack by DCWV (Latte) I picked up yesterday at The Range (they had lots of stacks reduced in price), stamps are by Banana Frog, and the bling are lots of Anitas gems.


We are supposed to be out in the garden, but it is so cold today I haven't been able to face it yet!!

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Great photo and LO Ann.
It's too wet here for gardening so I'm scrapping!
Sue xx

jeanie g said...

Great LO Ann love the colours and the photo. A bit of history for you to remember. We had hail today! Jean

Anonymous said...

I wondered what the referrence to Rachel Elliot meant on the website. Its a good LO with a memory just caught. The colours fit the subject so well - it looks like summer and cricket!
Sue