Saturday 19 June 2010

Fond memories

During half term we visited Tamworth on a very hot day towards the end of the holiday. The heat had reminded me that as kids Mum and Dad used to take us to Tamworth open air pool, I remember my sister learning to dive there. I didn't expect to see the Lido, almost all of these have been closed and demolished now, but to my surprise the buildings were still there, alas no pool, as it had been filled in.



This gave me an idea for a LO, Sue on DoCrafts had set a challenge to make a LO about things changing over time. A bit of research later and I found a few photos of pools in their heyday, and used a shot of the Tamworth pool as it is now. I also discovered the sad records of most of the other open air pools I had swum in during my childhood and my younger days..... all having been demolished.

So here is my page, I used Cosmo papers (Early Bird) stamped the title and wrote lots of journalling. One for my book of me.

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

That's a change that hasn't been for the better Ann - the open air pools near us have closed as well.
Great take on the challenge and I love those papers! That's two LOs I've seen recently using them - I sooo want them!
Sue xx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Just to let you know there is an open air pool (lido) that I used to go to when I was young that has been renovated in recent years at Droitwich in Worcestershire. Not too far away! :-)