The next part of the challenge was to use patterned paper by altering it in some way. Funnily enough I had been searching through my crop bag and found an old, but very pretty set of Dena's Christmas papers, never used (Oh the shame of it!) so I used my Eclipse to cut 2 very large flowers, one slightly bigger than the other, distressed one edge, mounted one on top of the other and spritzed it with red Cosmic Shimmer mist. You can't see this too well in the photo, but it does look very pretty.
Next was chipboard. Another search found a Christmas set and hardly used, so the title 'Joy', gingerbread man and bauble were covered with paper and the edges sanded. Finally a piece of ribbon was required, so I used an old piece of DCWV ribbon, and pleated it under the photo. I also added buttons punched with Martha Stewart button punch (fab as it emboses too) and the ever popular bunting... well it did appear on my sketch, so to leave it out would just be rude!!
Even though much of the stash was old and languishing in my bag, I am really pleased with how the page turned out, so many thanks Dawn.
I think I need to get used to a stash diet too, as the contract for my job runs out at the end of March when the lady returns from maternity leave. I did chat to someone at a party last night who may know of something next term that could keep me ticking over. I think I'm ready for a permanent post from September, so there's no more worring about where the next job is coming from.
Out at a crop today, looking forward to meeting friends not seen since Christmas.