Tuesday 18 June 2013

Coronation Conversation

A class this week on UK Scrappers by Shimelle was all about recording a conversation you've had with someone.  I took the opportunity to record this chat I had with Dad recently about the coronation back in June of 1953.

 He was a boy of 14, and was born and had lived in the capital (apart from being evacuated as a young child) up to that date.



Now, we are not big royalists, but I did feel that his memories of this historic day were worth recording, and I manged to find a picture of the programmes he was selling  on the day online.

I even manged to add a little London bus, as he grew up to become a bus driver.
 Even though it's not from last year I will put it into my 2012 album, along with all my Jubilee pages. I've got Mum's memories to do as well, her family were lucky enough to have a television, so I think this will become a double page layout.

No comments: