The layouts I made for the May publication of Creativity were both using a set of really bright papers and fabrics in spots and stripes, great quality double sided papers, so useful for summer photos.
For my first LO I made a chevron template in Word and cut it from a piece of 12x12 Kraft with a knife. Those with fancy cutters could use these for this step, I did it the old fashioned way!
I then used small pieces of the fabrics behind the chevrons to point to the photo.
I made a spotty red flower using a running stitch along a torn strip, pulled taught and topped with a button.
A die cut title finished the page. I bought another fat quarter today, and might have another go at using fabric on a layout.