Tuesday 17 September 2013

Tamworth

Not too far from where we live, Tamworth in Staffordshire was a favourite destination for a day out when I was a child. I don't remember going into the castle then (we used to go for the park and the lido, alas sadly now defunct) but this early summer day proved to be great fun.  At one point Harry and Katie both dressed up in Georgian costumes, including wigs.

It was only afterwards that I thought about all the other not so clean heads that may have been wearing them too! Luckily, they didn't come home carrying any hitchhikers in their hair... I checked!
 
These photos of Harry and Katie in the stocks from that day had been waiting to be scrapbooked for years, but a sketch and a challenge on UK Scrappers got them onto the page at last. 
I like this kind of challenge as it also made me bust some stash, using a few brads for the journalling list.

1 comment:

Jimjams said...

Playing catch-up as I have been neglecting the blogs that I follow - loved the words in your post as well as your page - I always worried about those shared hats/wigs in museums too.