Thursday 12 November 2015

Bood Moon

A friend of mine is going to be  bridesmaid to a girl who loves photography and crafting.  When they discussed what to do during the Hen weekend, the bride to be said she was interested in doing something crafty...so my friend suggested scrapbooking and recommended me! All the other ladies there for the afternoon will each make a page about their memories of the bride or happy couple.  All the pages together will be put into a scrapbook to remember the day.
So, where did I come in? Along with my friend, we chose a suitable kit (Say Cheese by Simple Stories) and other embellishments, and I designed three pages and wrote up the instructions for them.


Here is the first and easiest of the layouts, designed to make use of a square or instagram photo.
The photo was taken during the lunar eclipse back in September, as I had bothered to get up in the middle of the night I thought it deserved a scrapbook page.


One of the reasons we chose the kits was that they came with cut apart cards, embellishment stickers and plenty of images that can be cut from the papers and cards.  The title is partly cut from one of the 6x4 cards with added stickers underneath.


I made an embellishment of banners and washi tape to give the layout a diagonal flow.  The small stars were punched using a set of  Xcut palm punches.


I also used a border notebook punch to edge the journalling background.
Two more layouts to share later in the week.

1 comment:

Louise H said...

A really super page - and one that definitely needed scrapping. Well done on the page designs x