Monday 16 November 2015

So Sweet

The photographs I took of the sweet shops, on the outside of the Back to Back houses we visited in Birmingham ,made a perfect subject for my final hen day layout.


Again, I converted the picture to black and white, and layered it on top of a stack of 6x6 papers.I decorated the journalling block after writing the journalling with washi tape, a wooden camera, and a button and twine


A 6x4 card cut in half was tucked under the paper stack to give the illusion of a larger piece of patterned paper; a good way of using up Project Life style cards.


This page was probably the most tricky of the three.  The picture wheel (a Tim Holtz die) was die cut and backed with scraps of the patterned papers.


The title was also die cut from funky foam and the page decorated with images/banners cut from the cards and papers.I loved these papers.  At first I was a little apprehensive about using them as they do have a Disney theme on some (and I am not a Disney fan!) but very few of the cards or papers mentioned the mouse; I think if you didn't know they had a DIsney theme you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at my pages.
Hope the bride likes her final scrapbook.

3 comments:

Louise H said...

I love simple stories but avoided this line of papers because it was 'too disney', but you have definitely shown that you can make pages that don't look that way at all.
A really good layout.

Virginia said...

Oh I love how you've used the picture wheel, I too own that die but often forget to use it - must drag it out - thank you for the inspiration!

misteejay said...

Super LO.
We lost our local sweet shop that had wonderful rows of jars when the owner decided to retire. There is a sweet shop at the local craft village but they bag everything on the shelves - not the same as seeing all those lovely jars.
Toni xx