Tuesday 7 June 2016

Northern Lights

After playing with my ink blending for the moon cards I decided to have a go at the Northern Nights effect I had also seen online.  Lots of ink blending, but this time with brighter colours, and toned down with blue and black on top made the background for this card.  I flicked water onto the inks to reactivate them, and then used an old dry toothbrush with acrylic paint (white) to flick a few bright stars to finish the look.


A simple stamp of a cityscape (Seattle) and label stamp for the sentiment, cut out and mounted onto foam completed the card.


I really love how this card turned out, the red is a little bright, but the city overstamped looks great.

3 comments:

Chidkid said...

Ooh..I love this technique.. I'll have to have a play!

Elaina said...

Lovely card, really interesting technique.

jill said...

It turned out rather well creating the northern lights on your card .