Sunday 5 June 2016

Worth a Read

I love Jane Austen; most summers I will re-read at least one of her books and my favourite of her five full novels is the book Persuasion.


I have been receiving a kit of embellishments and stamps each month from the States by Ali Edwards, and this month's kit was entitled 'Read'.


Once the kit arrived, I knew straight away that I wanted to make a page about my treasured book. I found a photo online that contained a heartfelt quote from the story and decided to use this as the focal point to my page.

I used a paper with glasses all over it, ideal for me as a bookworm, and I loved the fact that some were foiled in gold!  I cut some from the paper and added them to the embellishment clusters.


The title was made from the acrylic word that came with Ali's kit, along with a few stickers.  I scattered letter stickers, a few stamps and pieces of chipboard also from the kit, and finished the page with dimensional dots made using Tonic Nuvo Crystal drops.

If you have't tried Austens final novel, but are a lover of Pride and Prejudice, why not give it a try?

2 comments:

Scrapthology said...

Love those embellishments and you've put them together beautifully.

jill said...

a lovely layout Ann.
The embellishment work so well on your page.