Tuesday 25 April 2017

Block Printing

Back in March, Hannah and I took a day out at the NEC to the Hobbycraft show to take part in a number of workshops during the day.  Our final one was a blockprinting class, using hand carved blocks made from wood and paints onto cotton bags.

 I was not intending to take up a new craft, but once we had a go at this, both Hannah and I thought that we could make hand-printed Christmas presents using the blocks, so I bought a starter kit!


It is still sitting in storage in my kitchen, but I will have a go at these during the summer holidays.


The papers I used to make the layout are mostly from an old Basic Grey tropical print, I stamped and die cut the flamingo using a Richard Garay kit.


The title letters are a set of 'Thickers' I picked up from a pound shop for a bargain price!

No comments: