Thursday 2 April 2009

Leftovers

One of the best things about being a frugal scrapbooker is that i always end up with pieces of lovely paper and card that can be put to good use. As my scraps drawer is overflowing i have been trying not to put new bits in it, but to make them into cards asap. As luck would have it Kev came home tonight and asked for some thank you cards, so the leftovers from today's page (i'll post this tomorrow) have been recycled already!I also think this is one of the reasons i love stamping, you can make a lot out of very little! This first card is made using Anna Griffin paper and some unknown card, good old Unity stamps and a bit of glitter. The glittered tree was a happy accident; i put the tree on the right into my Xyron the wrong way up, didn't have enough paper to re-stamp it (and didn't fancy cutting it out again!) so iridescent glitter coated the sticky side, and glued it down.

This card is made from the leftovers for the 'early days' LO here. I had spent time cutting the scallops into the gemstone card, paddle punching and backing the holes, and it seemed a shame to waste this off cut. Added a border from the DCWV Green stack and a die cut sentiment.


Hope the recipients like them!

1 comment:

Katrina Turner said...

Love your blog Ann, glad you left me a comment as that's how I found it! Your creations are lovely, I'll be back often. I must start putting my scraps to better use or soon I'll be burried under them! So I'll put the inspiration you have provided to good use.

Hugs,
Katrina