Sunday 30 January 2011

This weeks challenge

..on UKS inspired me to make this page.


The photo is of Katie just before Christmas, and the challenge called for the use of red, so I stuck with festive papers, using more of these Dena's designs that have been in my stash for ages. I managed to watch the video clips on the Sizzix site about the new eclips I had for Christmas, and for the first time yesterday I think I really started to use it to it's full potential.

I cut the scalloped shapes and frames using the centering feature on the machine, and I hand stitched the circle under the title. I also cut the title itself and doodled around it in white so it stood out.
The date block was made using a piece of Core'dinations cardstock gutted from the middle of the page and embossed with a Tim Holtz Christmas folder. Finally the stars were cut using the outline feature. Looking forward to playing again next weekend (if I can remember how I did it all today!!!)

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

WTG Ann! Gorgeous LO and you certainly seem to be getting to grips with the Eclips.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, fabby LO - can you stand back and see that girl - talk about your double!!