Wednesday 28 November 2012

Drought

Now this page is a blast from the past, and with all this wet weather we have had of late (again) I thought I would hark back to drier days.
Older readers will remember back to 1976, when we had a drought here in the UK, It stopped raining in May and didn't start again until August bank holiday weekend, after a very hot summer!

This photo was one taken around that time outside the caravan we stayed in with the rest of my family.  I can't get over how young Mum and Dad looked, although I think Mum wasn't even 30 (a child bride!) in 1976.  I didn't think they seemed young at the time, I think I had only just had my first baby when I was 28/9.

Papers are Strictly Party  by Papermania, and the doily border was cut with a Sizzix Tim Holtz die.

I can't imagine it being so dry again... could this be climate change in action?

No comments: