Saturday 30 November 2013

A Return to a Traditional Journal

The first Christmas journal I made, back in 2008 was very traditional in design, red, green and golf, but with little patterned paper ( that was the way I scrap booked back then). After seeing the Graphic 45 papers I was inspired to go traditional again, but with lots of patterned papers this time.



I had a good look through my old stash to make a kit for this year's journal, and apart from a few glittery letters and the G 45 papers much of this pile is old!


 I spent last weekend prepping my journal, making the book cover itself, the numbers, the pages and cutting out a few embellishments from the papers.

I need to source a couple of 2" bookrings to bind it all together, but other than that it is ready to go.

 Looking forward to getting started on Sunday:-)

2 comments:

Mary Triller said...

I so look forward to seeing it in the coming days. Your Christmas journals are truly a work of art.

Miss you! But I haven't given up hope on a retreat possibly with you, Anna and Helen. What do you think?

Love, Mary

CoventryAnn said...

It would be lovely, paper crafting seems to have disappeared from Crafternoon, and it's not so much fun without other like-minded crafters to share ideas with. I was just looking at the little festive milk cartons I made at our Stratford retreat last For my Christian table place settings.. seems like ages ago.