Thursday 19 June 2014

Using Scraps

A couple of challenges on UKS recently have involved using strips of toning papers behind the photos to make the background, great for using those scraps we like to hoard away.
For this layout we were asked to scraplift a page from the UKS gallery, so I chose one by Jimjams (Rhino Hunt)  She had used mulberry and tissue paper along with buttons and sequins to make the background stripes.  The thing I loved about the original page was the use of lots of small photos.


 I had taken and printed a large number from my friend's wedding a couple of years ago, and wanted to use them on a layout; this design was the perfect choice. I changed my layout by using a single tone in the background, but am really pleased with how it turned out.  The one thing that didn't surprise me about the challenge was how many other UKS members chose Jimjam's pages to scraplift ;)



1 comment:

Scrapthology said...

Fantastic layout and yes jimjams stuff is inspirational.