Saturday 8 July 2017

NEC Stash Haul

There was a craft show on at the NEC last weekend; I had forgotten it was on, but on Sunday morning I received a phone all from my sister in law who had a stand at the show selling fabrics and quilting supplies. Her van had been broken into in a hotel car park; there was no stock in it, but she needed to get the van repaired before the end of the show that night.
I went along (with Harry) to help watch her stand as she got the van window repaired.  It didn't take long, so once the job was done I had a free look around the show. 😃  It turned out not to be cost free as I did buy some stash... so here is what I found.



First, I found some of the last Basic Grey paper pads before the company's closure.  I loved this one by Kelly Purkey with cityscape backgrounds.


..and this one I think will be ideal for summer layouts.


My deal of the day was these pots of sequins, £1 for each one full of lovely bling with the storage too.


Another bargain was some wool, picked up for around £2 a ball for Katie's knitting project (See the link to Knitty Gritty here ⇾)


And finally, a set of Posca pens to draw onto glass, porcelain and other non-porous surfaces.  I plan to decorate and re-purpose glass yoghurt pots as candle votive holders.  Kevin might be able to sell them in September on his craft stand.
 Looks like a busy summer for me!

No comments: